Public Works FAQs

General Public Works FAQs
Snow & Ice FAQs
Trash & Recycling FAQs
How do I dispose of unwanted furniture, appliances, or bulk trash items?
Bulky trash items that exceed 25 pounds  such as upholstered furniture, mattresses and box springs and other items which do not fit in the cart or trash bag can purchase a bulk item tag for $20.00. To dispose of white goods  such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, stoves and water heaters, residents can purchase a white goods tag for $25.00. Refrigerators and freezers must have doors removed before placement at the curb. Freon may remain in appliances. For disposal of filled 32 gallon trash bags or for items weighing up to 25 pounds which do not fit in the cart, residents can purchase at Garbage Tag for $1.25. These tags cannot be used for recyclables or yard waste. Please visit the Refuse & Recycling page to purchase or contact the City Treasurer's Office a 814-333-3347.
When is yard waste collected?
The Yard Waste Collection schedule can be found on the Public Works webpage on the city’s website, under the Refuse & Recycling page.
What do I do if my trash or recycling is not collected on my scheduled trash day?
For missed trash or recycling, please call Public Works at 814-724-6053.
How do I replace my garbage and/or recycling bin?
The Meadville Area Water Authority handles the replacement and upgrades to trash and recycling bins. Please contact them at 814-337-3105.